Do Vitamin Patches Actually Work? (Hint: The Answer is Yes)
It’s a question everyone has asked: do vitamin patches work? Look, we get it. We’ve asked the same question ourselves. And the answer we’ve found is that not only do vitamin patches work, they’re amazing.
With all the different health fads that come and go, it may be tempting to think that vitamin patches are too good to be true. Is it truly possible to get all my nutrients from a fancy sticker? Can one patch really cure a hangover? Do vitamin patches work, like actually work?
The answer is yes, and here’s everything you need to know about them. (But don’t take our word for it. You can read and research all you want — if you want to actually experience the real health benefits, try a starter pack).
How Do Vitamin Patches Work?
Any idea what the largest organ in your body is? Go ahead, take a second and come up with a guess.
If you guessed your skin, you’re absolutely right (if you guessed your heart because you have such a large capacity for love, we also respect that answer).
But yes, the skin. That’s where transdermal vitamin patches do their best work. Turns out our skin is made up of 19 million skin cells, 650 sweat glands, 20 blood vessels, and 1,000 nerve endings (numbers!). In addition to regulating body temperature and protecting internal organs, your skin also regenerates itself every 28 days (kind of gross to think about but also kind of cool, like a snake).
When it comes to vitamin patches, your skin also offers a unique opportunity—it’s porous, meaning that it can absorb things through its surface. Things like...yup, vitamins and nutrients. So, do vitamin patches work? Yes. How do they work? Through 4 distinct layers responsible for delivering vitamins through your skin. Those four layers include:
- Layer 1 (The Clear Liner) - This is the sticky part that holds the patch to your skin for up to 12 hours, giving the vitamins time to penetrate your skin.
- Layer 2 (The Ingredient Reservoir) - This actually contains the vitamins and other ingredients.
- Layer 3 (The Release) - Think of this section like a filter that controls the extended-release technology, making sure the vitamins gradually enter your body.
- Layer 4 (The Protective Layer) - This last layer is the clear, protective backing that keeps the patch safe and prevents evaporation.
If you’re currently taking pills (which are notorious for containing harmful additives that can impede the absorption of the actual vitamins) or hypodermic injections, vitamin patches are a much easier way to make sure your body is getting everything it needs. Research has even shown that transdermal delivery can prevent the liver from prematurely metabolizing certain ingredients — a common occurrence with oral methods.
Patches are safer, less painful, and generate less medical waste than injections or IVs. They are easy to apply, can be used for longer periods of time, and are generally inexpensive when compared to these other methods.
Transparency You Can Trust
Our patches aren’t the only things that are transparent.
Yes, vitamin patches are a safe and effective way to deliver nutrients to your body. But that’s just the beginning. At OnMi, we don’t want to only answer those asking do vitamin patches work. We also want to show you how they work and why they work.
When it comes to the ingredients in every OnMi vitamin patch, you can know exactly what ingredients you’re getting AND why you’re getting them. We skip the added sugars, artificial colors, and other harmful ingredients to bring you naturally derived, hypoallergenic vitamin patches.
Each product page will tell you exactly what’s in them so you never have to wonder if you’re doing what’s best for your body. Here are just some of the ingredients (and benefits) of OnMi vitamin patches. See for yourself why not only do vitamin patches work, they rock.
The Crave Less Support Patch: Formulated to help stop cravings by providing the focus needed to reach your goals, boosting energy so you can stay motivated, and reducing appetite so you stay satisfied, this patch includes:
- Brindleberry: Garcinia Cambogia (Brindleberry) is a natural supplement for weight maintenance.
- Rockweed: Rich in vitamins, minerals, and free-radical-fighting antioxidants.
- Oarweed: Increases energy and may help with weight loss.
- Green Tea Extract: Can increase energy and may help burn fat.
The Energy Support Patch: Designed to be the perfect pick-me-up (because there is such a thing as too many cups of coffee) by boosting energy with natural caffeine sources, releasing antioxidants for immunity support, reducing feelings of anxiety and irritability, and providing essential vitamins that contribute to your recommended daily intake, this patch includes:
- Panax Ginseng: Fights fatigue and increases stamina.
- Kola Nut: Natural source of caffeine with anti-inflammatory properties. (Kola nut is not associated with tree nut allergies)
- Guarana: Reduces fatigue, boosts energy, and aids memory.
- Vitamin B12: Supports cells and helps prevent anemia-induced fatigue.
The Hangover Relief Patch: Made especially for the morning after those “one too many drinks” nights, this patch replenishes essential vitamins, reduces symptoms associated with alcohol consumption such as headaches, nausea, and dizziness, and provides energy through these ingredients:
- Guarana: Reduces fatigue, boosts energy, and aids memory.
- Vitamin B3: Important for the prevention of mental and physical fatigue.
- Vitamin B1: Helps cells convert food into energy.
- Vitamin B6: A potent antioxidant essential for cellular life and function.
At OnMi, we’re committed to being fully transparent with you at all times. If you’re anything like us, you’re not going to use a health product you either don’t understand or don’t trust. We get that — which is why we work so hard to make sure you have an answer when someone asks you, do vitamin patches work.
The answer is yes.
Not only do vitamin patches work, but OnMi patches are always hypoallergenic, latex-free, paraben-free, and contain naturally derived ingredients. These patches are everything you need and nothing you don’t.
So, do vitamin patches work? You tell us.